Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Good Thing….

My last post was Jan 2013….. in the last year I gained 20 kg. It seemed once I lost control… that was it. I ate.  My clothes got tight, my watch band that I had 2 links taken out of,  got tight.  I had one link put back in, but when it started getting tight again, and fat was bulging over the edges… it was time to do something!!
My doctor was shocked…. she suggested Weight Watcher, as she had seen that a meeting had just started in our suburb and she felt is was a good slow, sustainable way to lose weight and learn to change ones life style.  I thot about it.  I'm a life time member.  I tried to go back again some years ago, but I didn't like the lecturer.  My sister in law is going to WW and being very successful.  She told me about the Pro Points and how it works.  Sounded interesting.

So… WW….Beecroft….Monday morning…. I went along.
First week I dropped 2.8kg!  I was hooked!
Counting Pro Points on my phone app is easy.  I can eat ANYTHING!!  Its a choice.  Do I want to spend all those Pro Points on something so fattening or unhealthy??  I can eat lots of things that are free,  lots of vegetables, and 2-3 serves of fruit a day.  I like to eat Fresh and Local. (local means Australian)
Portion Control is paramount!!
This little picture has stayed with me.  I had been too full, bloated and suffering from heart burn.  Eating fresh fruit and veg and a small portion of meat made me feel "just right" very quickly.  My stomach became flatter, NO MORE HEART BURN!  and that happy feeling of winning!
There is nothing quite like the feeling of winning with ones self.  I'm not competing with anyone else, but each week when I go for a weigh in, and the graph is going down, I feel like I'm winning!! It must be the only time when a graph is going down that its a GOOD THING!
I'm finding Monday mornings a really good time to go and weigh in.  It starts the week off happy and determined and motivated, and makes me not indulge too much on the weekend, knowing I'm going for a weigh in Monday morning.  I enjoy my glass of wine, knowing I will only have one, so I savour it more!  Having the WW app on my phone means I can check the points of something to see if its worth eating!!  Some times I am surprised… at how few OR how many points a food might have.
I will have this app with me as I travel in Aug/Sept and my goal is to maintain!

I have reached my first personal goal!  Im feeling good, my clothes are fitting nicely again, my watch is comfortable.  We have been warned that this is the time people often fall off the band wagon.  We get compliments and start to feel like were finished…. its good to say " Thank you, I'm on a roll."
and Keep On Rolling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment