Friday, February 3, 2012

3 weeks done...

"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change,
The courage to change the one I can,
And the wisdom to know its me!"

I just didn't know it would be so hard.
I have set out to make permanent changes, and I'm keen to get there,  but I am realizing that it's all a journey,  everyday is just part of the journey.
This week I'm only down 1.6 kg.  I have been only eating 500 calories a day for three weeks now,  along with taking drops - sometimes I wonder if they are working....I have lost 7.3 kgs.  I expected more... I am impatient!   I want to be able to tell you great things are happening as I have set about changing my life!  What I am eating each day seems to be my project,  instead of just what I do when I'm hungry.  It DOES take a bit of planning - but doesn't need to be all consuming.  I want it to just be part of the journey.  I guess if what I eat is not upmost in my mind, I fear that I will forget, and mindlessly resume old habits.
I should be encouraged by the fact that I had to take 4 inches out of the waistband of my shorts to keep them from falling down!!  I am not ready to buy new clothes yet.  I quite like having my clothes become loose on me!  I have also discovered I have bones!
The book does say "Pounds anbd Inches".  Perhaps I am concentrating too much on the pounds part!
The grand poobah is 17.3 kg or 38 pounds less weight for my feet to carry around!!
3 more weeks to go___________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. You're doing great! 1.6 DOWN, not up! You are still losing. Remember, raw veggies are free on weight watchers. You like veggies right? Cut yourself a whole bunch of them and just hoe in when you're peckish:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Karen, Im just impatient! Yes, I like veggies, but I need to follow the program exactly or it doesn't work at all! feeling better today :)

      Delete
  2. ack! SO hard. i really feel for you. when you're doing something so drastic you desperately neeeeeed to see huge results. of course you do. but, four INCHES on your waist? holy moly!!! yes, inches lost are huge results. maybe incorporate measuring in with the weighing. and HANG IN THERE! i promise you when you look back it'll seem like SUCH a short time in your life ad you'll be SO SO GLAD that you finished it out. that you stuck with it for those last 3 weeks and didn't cheat one tiny little bit. no matter the results, you will be glad. and maybe wish you'd gone longer!! hang in there. 3 weeks will pass in a flash looking back. promise. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the encouragement!! i'm hanging!!

      Delete
  3. good for you A. Marti! I'm sure it's not at all easy, but you're sticking to it, so keep it up and soon you'll be where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete